Join the Tribe
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
1. The organiser of this competition is Adcock Ingram and/or its designated agencies and is collectively referred to as “the Organisers”.
2. By entering the competition and/or accepting the prizes, all entrants, winner/s, and their companions agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below (“Rules”).
3. The competition dates will be and (“Period”). 8 April – 14 May 2021
4. To qualify as an entrant in the competition you must be a citizen or a permanent resident of South Africa, currently residing in South Africa, and be 18 years or older at the date on which you enter. The Organisers, their directors, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants and/or any other person who directly or indirectly controls, or is controlled by them, or any supplier of goods and services in connection with the competition and their spouses, life partners, parents, children, siblings, business partners or associates are not eligible to participate in, or enter the competition. No entry is valid until a validation process determined by the Organisers has taken place.
5. To enter, entrants must follow the competition mechanics.
• Show us how you are a winter adventurer, and when you will use Island Tribe during the winter season. Post on our Facebook/ Instagram Page
• Increase your chances of winning by tagging friends and liking and following our pages.
6. The “Prizes” are five Garmin Watches to the value of R10 000 (The winners shall be chosen by following the mechanics above. The winners will be notified via Facebook Messenger by no later than 31 May 2021 and their details will be posted on the Island Tribe Facebook and Instagram Page.
If after 14 working days the Organisers have not been able to reach any of the respective prize winners, the unreachable prize winner will forfeit the prize and the Organisers reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the promotion rules.
7. The prize is non-transferable in any way for money.
8. The decision of the judges is final. No discussion or correspondence will be entered into.
9. The Organisers do not accept any responsibility for lost, damaged or delayed entries as a result of any network or mobile telephone hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. In the event of any dispute the decision of the Organiser is final.
10. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Organisers reserve the right to substitute the prize for an alternative prize of equal or greater value. No correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
11. The Organisers will interpret the rules at their sole discretion.
12. By entering the competition, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the use at no consideration of their personal data for the purposes of the administration of this competition and for marketing purposes related to and flowing from this competition. All entry instructions form part of the rules.
13. The Organisers reserve the right to terminate the competition at any time and for any reason whatsoever, without notice. In such event, all entrants hereby waive any rights, which they may have against the Organisers and acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature against the Organisers.
14. All entrants and winners indemnify the Organisers and its employees and agents against any and all claims for any loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, consequential, or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever related to their participation in any way howsoever in this competition.
15. These Terms and Conditions and any issues or disputes which may arise out of or in connection herewith (whether such disputes or issues are contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, for breach of statute or regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with South African law. Entrants hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts to settle any such dispute or issues.
* Island Tribe #4 Brand in SA, Suncare Category Source: IRI South Africa, Value Sales, Total Suntan Preps.
1 Wonderopolis, 2020. Why Can’t We See Ultraviolet Light? Wonderopolis [12 Jan 2021], https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/Why-Can%E2%80%99t-We-See-Ultraviolet-Light
2 The American Cancer Society, 2020. Ultraviolet (UV) Radiation. American Cancer Society [15 Sep 2020], https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer-causes/radiation-exposure/uv-radiation.html
3 McStay CM. Sunburn. Medscape; 2018 Nov 8. [cited 30 September 2020]; Available from: https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/773203-print
4 Wikipedia, 2021. Sunburn. Wikipedia, 2021 [12 Jan 2021], https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunburn
5 Cansa, 2018. Be #Sunsmart Everywhere. Cansa [15 Sep 2020] https://www.cansa.org.za/files/2018/12/CANSA-SunSmart-Slideshow-2018_2019-English.pdf
6 The American Cancer Society, 2020. Ultraviolet (UV) Radiation. American Cancer Society [15 Sep 2020], https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer-causes/radiation-exposure/uv-radiation.html
7 The Australian Radiation Protection and nuclear safety agency, The Fitzpatrick Skin Prototype. The Australian Government [15 Sep 2020], https://www.arpansa.gov.au/sites/default/files/legacy/pubs/RadiationProtection/FitzpatrickSkinType.pdf
8 The American Cancer Society, 2020. How do I protect myself from Ultraviolet (UV) Rays. American Cancer Society [15 Sep 2020], https://www.cancer.org/healthy/be-safe-in-sun/uv-protection.html
9 Tachibana, C. 2010. Probing Question: what does the SPF rating of sunscreen mean? Penn State [15 Sep 2020], https://news.psu.edu/story/141338/2010/06/01/research/probing-question-what-does-spf-rating-sunscreen-mean#
10 British Association of Dermatologists, 2013. Sunscreen Fact Sheet. British Association of Dermatologists [15 Sep 2020], https://www.bad.org.uk/skin-cancer/sunscreen-fact-sheet#how-do-sunscreens-work
11 Wang, S.Q, 2020. Ask the Expert: Does a high SPF protect my skin better? Skin Cancer Foundation [15 Sep 2020], https://www.skincancer.org/blog/ask-the-expert-does-a-high-spf-protect-my-skin-better/
12 Skin Cancer Foundation, 2020. All about sunscreen, Why you need it. How it works for you. Skin Cancer Foundation [15 Sep 2020], https://www.skincancer.org/skin-cancer-prevention/sun-protection/sunscreen/#what
13 Skin Cancer Foundation, 2019. Sunburn and your skin. The Facts. The Risks. What you can do. Skin Cancer Foundation [15 Sep 2020], https://www.skincancer.org/risk-factors/sunburn/
14 Skin Cancer Foundation, 2018. Are you at risk for skin cancer? Skin Cancer Foundation [15 Sep 2020], https://www.skincancer.org/blog/are-you-at-risk-for-skin-cancer/
15 Petrarca, M. 2020. How to Wear Sunscreen Under Foundation, according to an Expert. Makeup.com [15 Sep 2020], https://www.makeup.com/product-and-reviews/foundation/wear-sunscreen-under-foundation#
16 Bailey, E. 2014. What is Water-Resistant Sunscreen? Health Central [12 Jan 2021], https://www.healthcentral.com/article/what-is-waterresistant-sunscreen
17 Skin Cancer Foundation, 2019. Sun Protection, Your Daily Sun Protection Guide. Skin Cancer Foundation [15 Sep 2020], https://www.skincancer.org/skin-cancer-prevention/sun-protection/
18 Cansa, 2018. Factsheet on being Sunsmart with infants, toddlers and children. Cansa [15 Sep 2020], https://cansa.org.za/files/2020/06/Fact-Sheet-on-Being-SunSmart-With-Infants-Toddlers-and-Children-June-2020.pdf
Adcock Ingram Limited. Reg. No. 1949/034385/06. Private Bag X69, Bryanston, 2021, South Africa. Tel. +27 11 635 0000. www.adcock.com. Customer Care: 0860 ADCOCK/232625 202008261053883 January 2021
This website is not intended for self-diagnosis.
Your access to and use of this site is subject to the following terms and conditions and all applicable laws. By accessing and using this site, you accept the following terms and conditions, without limitation or qualification.
Unless otherwise stated, the contents of this site including, but not limited to, the text and images contained herein and their arrangement are the property of Adcock Ingram Holdings Ltd, including its subsidiaries and affiliates, (“Adcock Ingram”). All trademarks used or referred to in this website are the property of their respective owners.
Nothing contained in this site shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to any copyright, patent, trademark or other proprietary interest of Adcock Ingram or any third party. This site and the content provided in this site, including, but not limited to, graphic images, audio, video, html code, buttons, and text, may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, without the prior written consent of Adcock Ingram, except that you may download, display, and print one copy of the materials on any single computer solely for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that you do not modify the material in any way and you keep intact all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices.
The information provided on this site is free of charge and for informational purposes only and does not create a business or professional services relationship between you and Adcock Ingram. It is imperative that consumers rely on the advice of a healthcare professional to employ good clinical judgment for the particular conditions of individual patients. This information is not intended to be an alternative for the advice of a health care professional, or a recommendation for any particular treatment plan. Links on this site may lead to services or sites not operated by Adcock Ingram. No judgment or warranty is made with respect to such other services or sites and Adcock Ingram takes no responsibility for such other sites or services. A link to another site or service is not an endorsement of that site or service. Any use you make of the information provided on this site, or any site or service linked to by this site, is at your own risk.
This site and its contents are provided “as is” and Adcock Ingram makes no representation or warranty of any kind with respect to this site or any site or service accessible through this site. Adcock Ingram expressly disclaims all express and implied warranties including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. In no event will Adcock Ingram be liable to any party for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, consequential, or other damages (including, but not limited to, lost profits, business interruption, loss of programs or data) without regard to the form of action and whether in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with this site, any content on or accessed through this site or any site service linked to, or any copying, displaying, or use thereof.
You are responsible for complying with the laws of the jurisdiction from which you are accessing this site and you agree that you will not access or use the information on this site in violation of such laws. Unless expressly stated otherwise herein, any information submitted by you through this site shall be deemed non-confidential and non-proprietary. You represent that you have the lawful right to submit such information and agree that you will not submit any information unless you are legally entitled to do so. Because of the open nature of the Internet, we recommend that you not submit information you consider confidential.
Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.